Monday 30 April 2012

Fashionable Musings


As a keen follower of fashion, I have intended to start my own blog for a while now and I have eventually got round to doing it. From a young age, I have been well-aware of the importance of fashion and clothing, and have always been eager to express my own individuality and personality through the fashion choices I make – I vividly remember a particularly quirky phase around the age of ten where I would dress in bright florals and became convinced that I wanted to be a hippy when I grew up. Luckily this phase passed by and I now think much more rationally about my future lifestyle choices. Indeed, I now have my mind set on a career in the world of print media, and I aspire to one day write for a renowned fashion magazine.
Nevertheless, this is not to say that I necessarily agree with aspects of the fashion industry. The idea that you have to look a certain way in order to look good in clothes is repulsive. If this were in fact the case, I would have a breakdown at the mere idea of clothes shopping: at 5 foot and half an inch, and a size 10/12, I am far from the standard stereotype of a fashionista. However, I have learnt to look for items that suit my size, as well as my personal sense of style; and of course we cannot underestimate the difference that clever accessorising can make to even the most simple outfit. I believe that everyone – woman or man, young or old, large or small – should be allowed to enjoy the beauty of fashion, and revel in how wonderful an outfit can make you feel.
As much as I can, I will try to regularly update this blog, sharing inspiration, beautiful items, internet finds, and advice for anyone who has an interest in fashion, and I hope you enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment